This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for full details.
Summer is a relatively slow season for birding, when birds are more secretive as they nest and temperatures are too high for extensive outdoor activity. While morning and evening birding can still be amazing, and young bird families begin visiting the feeders, what’s a birder to do during the hot hours of the afternoon and still enjoy birds? Keep cool in the pool with a fun bird float!
Whether you’re jumping in your own backyard pool, sharing the water with a neighbor or family member, on vacation at a hotel or resort or visiting a local lake, pond or other watering hole, a float is a great way to relax. You can gently rock while you scan the skies for any passing birds, or you can read your favorite birding book or nap and dream about birds while you peacefully float along. And exactly how you float can show off your birding style when you choose a fashionable feather-esque float, such as…
- A proud peacock float with an amazing tail fan backrest
- A large-enough-for-two pelican float for twice the fun
- A bright blue toucan float in classic inner tube style
- A giant, durable mute swan float big enough for two adults
- An outrageous party island flamingo float for six people
- A set of penguin, flamingo, and duck split-ring floats for youngsters
- A shimmering pink flamingo float for tropical fun in the sun
- A bold scarlet macaw float with primary colors
- A big black swan float for elegantly stylish summer fun
- A sunglasses-sporting yellow duck float that’s perfectly cool
- An awesome mallard pool float with accurate field colors
- A patriotic bald eagle pool float for festive summer celebrations
- A crazy, psychedelic ostrich pool float for wild summer fun
As if those birds aren’t enough for all your floaty fun this summer, don’t forget floating cupholders for your summer beverages, such as a set of three (two swans and a flamingo), or a set of six shimmering flamingos for a larger party. You’ll be enjoying stylish summer fun and sharing your love of birds in no time!