It would be a wonderful world if all necessities of life were met and no one need worry about money or legalities, but that simply isn’t the case, and proper disclosures are necessary. Thus, please be aware…
- I am a professional freelance writer and editor by craft, trade and IRS tax forms. To that end, I do write for profit (and only rarely for free, when a good cause cries for good words). For more information about my services, please visit MelissaMayntz.com.
- Every word on this blog is written, edited and occasionally updated solely by me. I do not hire contract writers, nor do I publish press releases or other formulated content. I may use press material as a resource at times, but do not publish it wholesale.
- I am not a photographer, and thus, most photos on this site are not my own, but are used under appropriate copyright licensing, releases and permissions from their respective creators. Photographers are noted in photo captions.
- I do, occasionally, publish reviews of books, feeders and other related items. Those reviews are from my personal, tangible experience with the items in question and are not boilerplate advertorials, but rather my own opinions and experiences.
- Items I review may be provided to me at no cost by publishers, retailers or manufacturers (which will be noted in the review). This in no way influences the content of my review nor the opinions, recommendations and advice I may express therein.
- After a review has been posted, the item in question may remain mine for my own personal use. I may also choose to offer it as a giveaway prize or donate it to an appropriate cause or organization. Items are not sold for profit.
- Advertisements, including banners and links, may lead to affiliate retailers from which I may receive a small stipend should you purchase an item. This does not affect your price on the item, and believe me, it is by no means any reasonable share of my income.
Please note that I have no intention of making a mint from this site; I write because I’ve got some small talent for it, I write about birds because I love them, I share reviews because I think readers deserve an unbiased opinion about items and I tell you all this so you know up front what’s going on behind the scenes. While I would greatly appreciate a few clicks on those few-and-far-between affiliate links, I never know where clicks come from or who makes them. If you have done so, I thank you for helping support this site in that way. If you prefer not to click on affiliates, I completely understand, and I hope you enjoy the writing all the same (a comment on a blog post would be even more appreciated!).
And there you have the nit-picky. If you have any questions or concerns, I’d be glad to answer. Happy birding!