It’s a Texas-sized giveaway this month, with lots of goodies to celebrate birding in the Lone Star State! This month’s giveaway coincides with registration opening for the 29th Annual Rio Grande Valley Birding Festival, a truly amazing event in a truly amazing destination.
Note: Be Your Own Birder is in no way associated with, sponsored by,
or otherwise in cahoots with the RGVBF, but supports the event
through independent enthusiasm for the region’s OUTSTANDING birding opportunities.
The Prize to Win
This month’s giveaway is a bigger and better than ever, which goes right along with the idea that “everything’s bigger in Texas” – including the birding! Indeed, more than 660 bird species have been recorded in Texas, and the Lower Rio Grande Valley – the center of the festival’s festivities – enjoys both year-round birds, amazing migration visitors, and tropical guests from Mexico. This intersection guarantees great birding for everyone!
To prepare you for that visit (even if it’s only in your dreams), Be Your Own Birder is offering a Texas-sized prize pack that includes ALL of the following:
- Backyard Birds of Texas – An excellent introductory book to the most common yard birds in the region.
- Large Tote Bag – Featuring McAllen bird artwork, a great way to carry all your birding goodies and reduce plastic use.
- Butterfly and Native Flower Brochures – Perfect for planning bird- and butterfly-friendly gardens to nurture south Texas wildlife.
- Bumper Sticker – Showcasing three top south Texas target birds, the great kiskadee, altamira oriole, and green jay.
- Wind Chime – Delicate sounds to entice curious birds to the yard to find all your bird-friendly features.
- Bling Swing – Because south Texas enjoys hummingbirds year-round, this is the perfect perch to invite them for a visit.
This one prize pack has it all! Whether you are a south Texas native, have visited the area, are planning to join in this year’s festival, or just dream of the area as a perfect birding destination, these prizes can help you celebrate all the amazing avifauna of the region.
Enter the Giveaway
For a chance to win, just answer the following question in the comments below…
Other than birding, what else would
you like to see or do in Texas?
For me, there are so many answers! Cruising out of Galveston, seeing a Dallas Stars hockey game, visiting Space Center Houston, riding the states exciting roller coasters, strolling through the Fort Worth Water Gardens, sampling some outstanding barbecue, and so much more!
A valid email must be entered in the comment form to be contacted if you win, and the giveaway is only open to participants in the United States. By entering, participants agree to the Giveaway Guidelines. Entries will close Wednesday, September 21, 2022, and the winner will be randomly selected at that time. Enter today, and in just a few days you can be celebrating all that’s great about Texas birding!